% of managers with at least a Diploma qualification
Begin managing medical practices
The healthcare sector needs great Practice Managers to build and lead teams, effectively driving improvements and stepping up to be a key decision maker – all while maintaining patient satisfaction and outcomes and delivering excellence in healthcare. The Diploma of Practice Management will equip you with skills in leadership, compliance, planning and human resources. This qualification is relevant to those in medical practices, dentistry, chiropractors, rehabilitation, and aged care, just to name a few.
Conveniently study at your own pace, with a generous 24-month enrolment period and no scheduled tutorials to attend.
Partnering with our Learning Coaches for one-on-one support, we’ll guide you through the course and provide you with the keys to your own success.
Get started today and try us out risk-free for 30 days*.
- 100% online, self-paced study,
- Study for how long you want, when you want,
- Fit your study time around your lifestyle – not the other way around,
- No need to attend scheduled classes or tutorials,
- No strict or unreasonable deadlines to meet,
- Payment plans that can be tailored to your budget,
- Generous 24-month enrolment period, with free course extension and deferral options.
Get job-ready with industry relevant units designed to help you succeed
As a result of completing your Diploma of Practice Management, you’ll be able to confidently apply a range of core people management skills and strategies, based on the following accredited units of competency:
There are 15 required units of competency.
|Manage Healthcare Practice Systems|
|HLTADM004||Manage Health Billing and Accounting System|
|BSBINM501||Manage an Information or Knowledge Management System|
|Manage Safety Policies for Healthcare Practices|
|CHCLEG003||Manage Legal and Ethical Compliance|
|HLTWHS004||Manage Work Health and Safety|
|HLTINF003||Implement and Monitor Infection Prevention Control Policies and Procedures|
|Manage Operational Aspects of a Practice|
|BSBMGT517||Manage Operational Plan|
|BSBFIM501||Manage Budgets and Financial Plans|
|BSBSUS501||Develop Workplace Policy and Procedures for Sustainability|
|Manage and Promote Staff Performance|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness|
|BSBMGT502||Manage People Performance|
|BSBWRK510||Manage Employee Relations|
|Manage Appropriate Communication and Service|
|BSBCUS501||Manage Quality Customer Service|
|CHCDIV001||Work with Diverse People|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and Apply Medical Terminology Appropriately|
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced.
This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 12 months with a full-time study load or in 16-18 months on a part-time study load, but we allow a generous 24-month standard course enrolment duration.
We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You receive a personal learning plan and regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Depending on your current skills and amount of experience you have, you may qualify for Recognition of Prior Learning and be eligible for course acceleration.
Get ahead in your career
With a strong foundation in administration and managerial skills, the most common career advancement path for Practice Managers is the role of Business Manager, attracting salaries of up to $130,828 and leading into higher managerial and executive roles within the business.*
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills
The required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills for Diploma and Certificate IV qualifications is ACSF Level 3. To ensure you have the ACSF skills necessary to commence study with us, you may be required to completed a language, literacy and numeracy test if English is not your first language and you do not hold any nationally recognised Australian qualifications.
Upon enrolment, all students will also be assessed over time by their learning coach for their language, literacy and numeracy skills. Where these levels fall below the requisite ACSF standard for the qualification, the coach will advise the student of the remedial options open to them. This may involve additional support or withdrawal of enrolment and refund of fees paid.
Please refer to the relevant CAL Policies and the Student Handbook for full details of the entry-level requirements procedure.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required. Typically, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer with the latest version of Chrome. Please check to ensure your device/s align with the system requirements for our major services:
- Brightspace D2L – Our Learning Management System (LMS) platform
- Zoom – Our video call platform
- Respondus – Our quiz assessment platform
- Vidyard – Our video embedding platform
As part of your course, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for some assessments in an eligible industry workplace. Students will be required to have access to your own eligible workplace, or an eligible host workplace, to successfully complete their qualification. If you are not in an eligible workplace, you must source your own host workplace that meets the requirements for the course.
Eligible workplaces will exhibit:
- Organisational infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- Personal protective equipment
- Handwashing facilities and equipment
- Medical or client care equipment relevant to the workplace
- Clinical and other waste
- Areas for cleaning
- Interaction with a team (health or allied health)
- Interaction with patients/clients (health or allied health)
- Hazards and infection prevention and control problems to which the student responds
- Computerised billing system
- Client records
Get credit for demonstrated skills and knowledge
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
This process may enable you to get unit credits for competencies you’ve already demonstrated so you can fast-track your qualification.
CAL Offer flexible payment plans to suit any budget
At The College for Adult Learning, we understand that not all students are in a position to pay for their studies upfront. For this reason we offer flexible weekly or monthly payment plans that can suit any lifestyle or budget.
|Payment Plan||Payment Amount||Payment Plan Length||Total Amount Paid|
|Discounted Upfront Fee*||$1495 + $147.05/mo||Upfront Deposit + 17 Months||3995|
|6 x Monthly Payments||$699||6 Months||$4194|
|12 x Monthly Payments||$360||12 Months||$4320|
|52 x Weekly Payments||$84||12 Months||$4368|
|18 x Monthly Payments||$245||18 Months||$4410|
|78 x Weekly Payments||$57||18 Months||$4446|
*Please note: The College for Adult Learning’s obligations as an RTO include taking actions to protect your fees. These protections exist to ensure that you can enrol with confidence. The principal protection which is provided to you is a pre-paid fee limit; CAL will never require you to pay more than $1,500 in advance and will never allow your advance payment balance to rise above $1,500.
**In conformance with the protections and to make our course fees more accessible to our students, you will only be required to pay $1495 at the time of registration, with a $147.05 recurring monthly payment debited for the next 17 months, equalling a total fee of $3994.85 , saving you up to 10.1% off the normal payment plan fees.
FEE-HELP and VET LoansIn order to maintain the high quality training we’re so proud of, we are not affiliated with FEE-HELP schemes or VET Student Loans, and remain a Fee For Service provider. We understand the financial pressure and concerns that come with undertaking study, so we keep our prices highly competitive and offer flexible payment plans to suit all budgets and lifestyles. Don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 907 870 to discuss a flexible plan that suits your budget
What is the practice management diploma?
The Diploma of Practice Management (HLT57715) is a qualification for professionals in the healthcare industry pursuing higher management roles or formalising their experience. With a practice management course, you can throw your hat in the ring for rewarding management roles within all facets of healthcare and public administration. This practice management course is a Nationally Recognised qualification in Australia and internationally respected. The diploma in practice management teaches in-demand technical skills in managing compliance, work health and safety, infection prevention control, managing operational plans and budgets, managing people and employee relations, developing policies and procedures and more. Healthcare professionals undertaking this course will develop essential soft skills in customer service, working with diverse people and more.
- 96% of our students surveyed said they achieved their study goal - you can too.
- Our commitment to helping you achieve real-world results.
- Receive two FREE short courses for furthering or achieving your goals.
The Real Outcomes Guarantee is part of our ongoing work to support you as you take the next step in your career. Our team, assessments and feedback are all focused on helping you in your career, not just passing your course.
Our Learning Coaches are industry veterans and supportive mentors who will help you complete your studies. Their assessment feedback is designed to reflect on-the-job and industry expectations, giving you more than just a competent result.
As you complete your studies, our Career Coach and Career Success Package are available to you, providing complimentary resume and cover letter feedback, complimentary 30-minute consultations and access to a suite of career management topics, tools and resources to help you achieve your goals.
Get a nationally recognised and respected qualification
Adding a nationally accredited qualification to your arsenal will show potential employers that you’re serious about succeeding in practice management.
You’ll study standardised, industry-relevant units that will encourage you to apply your knowledge and learning into real world situations and gain real, job-ready skills.
Awarded by the Australian Government, this Diploma is recognised and respected nationally so there’s nothing left standing in your road to success.
- The diploma course is designed by MBA experienced facilitators with undergraduate and post graduate qualifications in Practice Management, Business Management and Education.
- Practical applications and assessments based on workplace evidence.
- A wide range of electives that have been designed in consultation with healthcare practice professionals to be relevant to real workplace needs.
- A qualification you can trust.
Invest in your career with a qualification
Investing in yourself is the greatest investment you can make. Practice management as a profession is evolving to allow for and encourage a strategic and innovative mindset to drive growth in practices. The key to a higher paying, respected position is a recognised qualification like the Diploma of Practice Management.
- Median salary of $70,050 for mid-career Practice Managers *
- Reported salaries of around $91,414 for experienced Practice Managers *
- Practice Managers with a Diploma-level qualification have an average salary that’s 4.84% higher than those without *
- The Health sector has the highest projected employment growth rate of any sector through to 2020 *
- Strong recent job growth over the last 5 years of 81% *
Essential Skills for the Modern Practice Manager
This course will challenge you, make you think and take you beyond the old fashioned paradigm of Practice Management being about accounts and admin management. You will enter into the new, exciting and stimulating world of the modern healthcare professional and gain the know-how to lead your practice toward a brighter future.
Essential skills for the modern Practice Manager
- Strategic planning skills to lead the practice forward
- Drive for innovation to help the practice evolve to meet the needs of the public
- Confidence and leadership skills to support and lead your team
- Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a diverse range of people with different backgrounds and values
- Empathy and exceptional customer service skills to nurture relationships with patients and visitors
- Financial and account management knowledge to effectively budget and understand billing systems
- Organisation and prioritisation to efficiently carry out duties
- Flexibility to adapt to a changeable environment
This course aims to hone your skills and help shape you to become a competent, confident and qualified Practice Manager.
Download my Course Guide now
The BSB training package has undergone a review from PWC and AISC, and an update to some units included in this course was announced in late October, 2020. This may mean potential for some gap learning and assessments on updated units, however, this listed course has a teach-out period and can still be delivered and completed in its current form until late April, 2022. We will fully support you if you want or need to transition to the newest version of the qualification once this is available on our scope and will continue to deliver the current course until the end of its teach-out period.
We've upskilled professionals from:
Download my Course Guide now
Apply to Enrol Now
By applying to enrol, you will be contacted by a Learning Consultant and receive emails with information about our courses and career paths. You can unsubscribe at any time and we will never sell or give away your information.
Enquire now for your FREE Course Guide
By enquiring, you will be contacted by a Learning Consultant and receive emails with information about our courses and career paths. You can unsubscribe at any time and we will never sell or give away your information.